No announcement yet.

{The List} Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sort of... but slightly more pronounced. Perhaps what it could do is to double the radius of the zone that reduces corruption?

To clarify however, my original idea would remove corruption the way the "Cure for Cancer" removes an unhappy citizen from all cities. Got it?

Comment

You mean something like Forbidden Palace?
      Yes, exactly, except with a different implementation. It would be civ-wide and not act as a second palace. Also later in the tech tree. Maybe making totally corrupt cities produce 2 spt and cpt?
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Lets take a page from the News...

Stem Cell Research: Could be great for medical breakthroughs (longeivty/another version of replaceable parts), but cause unhappiness...

Just a thought
        anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Lets take a page from the News...

Stem Cell Research: Could be great for medical breakthroughs (longeivty/another version of replaceable parts), but cause unhappiness...

Just a thought

Yes, but unhappiness would occur only if they institute Christianity as a feature in the game ^_^

hehehe sorry, I couldn't help throw in a little political satire.

Comment

Wonders' descriptions

I guess that many see wonders as buildings. A civilization that builds a wonder is to a point that is more than doing a building. Some traits brang it to build it (Stonehenge meant a given social system), this building may bring some effects, this building is a representation of the civilization's spirit, soul (pyramids meant hard-working well-organized society). It is a cultural orientation, building a wonder may bring to parallel products (Apollo project pushed science further in parallel, the pyramids asked advanced mathematical knowledge...).

Thus, the wonders' description should immerse the player into this. It is simple, but it is all the wonders' soul. Just a sentence or two... simply. All for immersion into culture and the evolution of civilizations, show how rich and profound is the meaning of "wonder".

And besides, I wonder if the X-Prize could become a minor wonder. Little chance (would it be a bit small?), but it is the advent of high-level research done independently for progress in key development field. And it is not only X-Prize, since its success brang this model of development funding to be used again. Here's the source making me look at this: http://www.wired.com/news/space/0,2697,65351,00.html
            Last edited by Trifna; October 26, 2004, 17:23.
            Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Wonder Names And Culture Groups

Maybe have some Wonders that can only be built by civs in a particular Culture Group. Maybe have separate names and graphics for wonders with the same effects. Have a generic name for each of these wonders for civs that either don't belong to a prepackaged culture group or for culture groups that do not have their own equivalent. Be able to rename a Wonder when you build it.

Building Wonders Outside Cities

To build some Wonders, you build a special unit which goes outside the city somewhere to build the Wonder. You would have to remember to separately send military units to defend these Wonders, both during construction and after completion. This would be appropriate for Mount Rushmore, the Pyramids, and the Great Wall. The City of Macchu Picchu Wonder could even function as a city. Maybe the Great Wall would pop up all at once across several tiles when you tell the special unit to build when it is on any particular square, maybe you could manually indicate each square for the wall. Would the construction time for an Outlying Wonder be to build the unit, for the unit to build the Wonder, or both? Or you could use a regular Worker to build a Wonder.

Comment

Working...
              X